Site's Moved! Come on over to www.thoughtsonthedead.com
Surprises In The New Star Wars Film
- Two musical numbers might have been one too many.
- Han has a mustache throughout the film: they erased it for the trailer.
- One of the new, young stars of the film, Daisy Ridley, wears a pair of Beats by Dre headphones around her neck in several scenes.
- The film is three hours and thirty-five minutes long with an intermission.
- Roberto Benigni is in it.
- John Williams’ symphonic score replaced by Vangelis and a bunch of synthesizers.
- Also, over the end credits is a rap by Bobby Brown reiterating the plot of the film.
- “Try to battle General Leia? That’s not legal!” is one of the lines, if I recall correctly.
- Shot according to the Dogma 95 rules.
- After-credits scene setting up the Chewbacca solo movie, If It’s Tuesday, This Must Be Kashyyyk.
- This one’s about trade routes, too.
- About 45 minutes in, there’s an ad for Earl Bass RV and Trailer out on Rt 16, which is out of place with the rest of the movie.
- A lot more nudity than you might expect from a Star Wars film.
- Full-frontal, too: one guy had a visible half-chub.
- Also more blackface than I would have preferred.
- The Enterprise self-destructs.
- Plot centers around Han and Chewie’s race to get home for Life Day, and features musical performances from Diahann Carroll and Jefferson Starship.
- It is animated, about bunnies, and tremendously violent.
- Pss pss pss.
- I am being told that the bunny film is not Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but Watership Down.
- Now that I think about it: there were no bunnies–murderous or otherwise–in the new Star Wars picture.
- There is heroism.
- There is villainy.
- There’s a bunch of shit that makes little to no sense if given a moment’s thought.
- Captain Phasma? More like Captain Spazma.